Thursday, August 5, 2010

Keeping Gramma Busy

My Gramma was always busy.  Cleaning, cooking, crafting, golfing, biking, walking, etc.  I was always trying to keep her busy.  One day I asked her to sweep the floor.  I gave her the broom and off she went.  She swept up a great big pile of dust bunnies as she made her way to the laundry room.  When she got to the screen door she didn't know what to do so she literally swept the dirt and dust through the screen.  Surprisingly, it worked!  I kept a basket of towels handy and when she wasn't looking I would dump them in the couch and leave the empty basket.  Without fail she would notice them, go over and fold them and put them in the basket.   A half hour later I would shake them out and leave them on the couch  again.  She'd notice and go right back again and fold them up.  Bompa thought I was nuts, but it kept her busy and happy.

1 comment: